Only three more days until the Fourth of July! I am very much looking forward to some time off, relaxing with family and friends, and of course, great food! Since summer berries are my favorite, I’m whipping up this effortless “Angel Food Berry Cream Dessert,” found on the Easy Eats section of CobornsDelivers.com, for my picnic. The best part? No cook time means that I can get this sweet treat ready before I head out the door without having to preheat my oven or use my stove in this sweltering July heat. Enjoy!
Angel Food Berry Cream Dessert – ABC Dessert
PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
COOK TIME: No cook time
1 Angel Food Cake, prepared
16 oz. Strawberries, halved
6 oz. Raspberries
4 oz. Blueberries
6 oz. Blackberries
1 cup + 1/2 cup Sugar
16 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Combine strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries in a bowl with 1 cup of sugar and let them macerate until they form their own syrup.
2. Slice an Angel Food cake into 3 layers and set aside.
3. Make whipping cream by mixing heavy whipping cream and ½ cup of sugar in a cold bowl and whip until slightly thickened.
4. Layer a trifle bowl with 1 layer of the cake, then the cream, then the berries and continue until you end with the top layer of the cake.
5. Spread the cream on the top layer and spread with the fruit and garnish with mint and serve – again a very yummy and a bit sinful dessert.