Independence Day is right around the corner. For me, the holiday always means spending time with family and friends, barbecuing, and preparing for a nighttime firework spectacular! I never like to arrive to the annual cookout empty handed, so this year, I’m planning ahead and preparing a delicious and festive dessert for the celebration, with the help of CobornsDelivers.com of course! With my family, I am certain that this easy-to-make red, white, and blue mold will be a hit with adults and kids alike!
Red, White and Blue Mold
1. STIR 1 cup of the boiling water into each of the red and blue gelatins in separate medium bowls at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir 1/2 cup of the cold water into each bowl.
2. PLACE bowl of red gelatin in larger bowl of ice and water. Stir about 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in strawberries. Pour into 9×5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 7 minutes.
3. MEANWHILE, stir remaining 3/4 cup boiling water into lemon gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in ice cream until melted and smooth. Spoon over red gelatin in pan. Refrigerate 7 minutes.
4. MEANWHILE, place bowl of blue gelatin in larger bowl of ice and water. Stir about 7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in blueberries. Spoon over lemon gelatin in pan.
5. REFRIGERATE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Unmold. Cut into 16 slices. Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.