Scoops of vanilla ice cream, doused generously with root beer—what’s better than a root beer float on a hot summer night? Unless it’s a hot fudge brownie sundae. Or perhaps a big slice of Oreo ice cream cake. Or maybe a chocolate caramel malt. In my opinion, ice cream is best appreciated for its smooth, scrumptious deliciousness when it’s topping off a hot summer day. And with the upcoming month of July dubbed “National Ice Cream Month,” it’s a great time to serve up an ice cream treat at your next summer party.
- Sundae bar: Buy a few flavors of ice cream and go nuts (pun intended) with the toppings. Staples like hot fudge, caramel, strawberry sauce, and pecans are good basics. From there you can add chopped up toffee candy, Oreos, or cookies; brownie chunks; whipped cream; berries—what doesn’t taste better when it’s sprinkled on ice cream?
- Ice cream pies and cakes: There are lots of recipes out there for ice cream pies and cakes. You might try the “Coffee Almond Ice Cream Torte” recipe from cobornsdelivers.com. Other options include mocha, peppermint, or caramel ice cream cakes.
- “Easy Eats” recipes: Check out “Celebration Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches” for a fun 4th of July dessert. I also like “Chocolate Ice Cream Fondue.” I mean, seriously—combining chocolate fondue and ice cream? Yum. E.
- Malts and Shakes: You can combine flavors, whether your taste buds would prefer hot fudge-caramel or a strawberry-blueberry mix.
- Classics: You can opt for waffle, sugar, or traditional ice cream cones; ice cream sandwiches; “Skinny Cow” treats for those who may be calorie counting; or ice cream bars.
In honor of National Ice Cream Month, Coborns Delivers will be offering a variety of ice cream specials in July, so be sure to check back for deals on your favorite flavors! Then choose which way you want to enjoy your favorite ice cream for your next party—and don’t forget to invite me!