Springtime is full of family landmarks and celebrations. From prom to graduation – parties abound! Are you looking for menu ideas?
Prom night can be a teen’s first chance to host a dinner party—it’s a great opportunity for them to learn about planning a special event for friends. It can be fun for your teen to brainstorm menu options, decorations, and strategically organize the party. Some ideas for prom night dinner include:
- Lasagna with crusty bread and salad
- Steak with a potato dish and a vegetable
- Grilled kebabs or grilled salmon with rice and a veggie.
Serve a sparkling juice with the meal and top it off with a delicious dessert to make the meal feel extra special. If you want some help brainstorming, you can go to Cobornsdelivers.com and click on “Easy Eats” for ideas in different categories. Under the “Dinner” listing, I like:
- Baked Cheesy Tomato Basil Pasta
- Filet Mignon with Porcini Mushroom Sauce
Grad parties are another time when the party menu is key. Depending on the time of day, you could do a morning brunch, appetizers in the afternoon, or sandwiches for lunch or dinner—but really, the sky’s the limit. Some of my favorite crowd-pleasers include:
- Artichoke, crab, or spinach dip
- Meatballs (for a sauce, I like to mix one jar of cocktail sauce and one jar of seedless raspberry jelly)
- Egg rolls, wontons, pot stickers
- Fresh fruit or raw veggies with hummus or spinach dip
- Pasta salad
- Chocolate Dipped Twizzlers
- Big Sandwich
- Dessert Pizza
Whatever menu you serve, the party will be special because it’s marking a landmark in your child’s life. So have fun planning and enjoy this rite of passage with your teen.