If you ask my family (and extended family) what my signature dessert is, hands down they will all say my ice cream pie! Now, don’t get me wrong, I have many different desserts that I pride myself on but this is the number one crowd pleaser that has been a family recipe for years. It’s rather embarrassing, however, when friends and guests ask for the recipe and it is so easy my 6 year old can make it! It has a total of 5 ingredients: a Hershey bar, butter, Rice Krispies, your favorite ice cream and hot fudge sauce. I have been known to get a little “fancy” and sprinkle my delicious concoction with Oreo crumbs or crushed Heath Bar, but trust me when I tell you it doesn’t really need anything else.
There’s no better time to put your own creativity to work and create your own signature ice cream pie and CobornsDelivers.com will help you do it for free! Schedule your order to be delivered by July 26th and Izzy’s ice cream is on the house (I personally recommend the Guatemalan Peace Coffee)!
Remember, every time you make this you will be asked to share the recipe. You can always tell them “it’s an old family secret” and make them think it took you all day to prepare it!
• Break candy bar into pieces and place in a large microwave safe bowl.
• Heat on LOW heat about 3 minutes in microwave until chocolate is softened.
• Add butter and melt an additional minute on LOW heat until melted.
• Mix the chocolate and butter together thoroughly.
• Gradually add the Rice Krispies until completely coated.
• Place mixture into a pie or tart dish and press firmly to create crust.
• Place dish into the freezer for 15 minutes.
• While crust is setting, take ice cream out of freezer and let thaw. (this will allow you to spread more evenly).
• Once the crust is set, spread the ice cream in the pie shell and freeze for 2 hours or more.
• Heat the Hot Fudge before service and pour over each slice. Serves 8-10.